Friday, June 8, 2012

Sweat Sessions


4:45 am.  Yup, that’s what time my ass was on the Arc Trainer this morning.  Normally the alarm goes off at 4:30 am to work out, but Riley decided that she’d start crying around 4.  I see more coffee coming. 

Anyway, you probably think I’m nuts for working out so early in the morning, but let’s face the facts.  I have two small kids – a nearly 2-year-old and a 6-month-old who doesn’t like to keep a schedule.  I also run my own business, so finding time during the day isn’t always feasible.  And I’m a morning person, so getting up and getting my sweat on is my quiet time, alone – no kids, no whining.  But I am always looking at the monitor to see if my cardio sessions will be interrupted, if Nate decides he’s ready to get up.  Sometimes I don’t finish, but if I can’t, I’ll squeeze in the rest of the time some other point during the day.  I’ve learned that I have to do what I can, even if I feel guilty when my sessions aren’t as intense as they should be.  (I’ve also been known to do squats and lunges in my office behind closed doors when I worked in NYC.  I try…)  Ha!

So, what does this mean?  It means that I’m going to try to post my workouts here.   We’ll try for daily, but life happens – especially with two kids.

Today’s sweat session:  45 minutes of cardio on the Arc Trainer (in my completely gross, unglamorous basement), burning 466 calories.

1 comment:

  1. I get the Catholic guilt, lol! I look forward to reading your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when my readers share! Share away....