Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Morning Weigh-In + Weekend Recap

If you read my post from Saturday, you'll know that my healthy eating went to hell in a giant hand-basket with a family party being the main culprit bringing me down.  (I'm talking cocktails, apps, pasta, cake, cookies.  Oh yeah).  Well, Sunday wasn't any better.  It's not that I didn't want to eat healthy -- I thought about it, but it just didn't happen.  So I chalked the weekend up to a complete and utter loss.  And jesus, my Monday Morning Weigh-In shows it.  Barf.  

Here's the damage in real numbers:
  • Weight:  129.3 lbs -- yup, an increase.  Awesomeness.
  • BMI:  22.8
  • Body Fat:  26.2%
Wallowing in such disgust and my glutenous ways, I decided last night that I want to try to do something I've thought about doing for years, but never would do.  Running.  Yep, running.  Now, I was the lazy competitive tennis player, who didn't want to practice and always tried to get out of the runs.  I had knee surgery 10 years ago and I've always used my lack of cartilage as an excuse not to run.  At the same time, though, I've looked at my friends (many of whom now run half and full marathons) and thought "how cool would it be if I could say I was a runner?"  So....what's what I'm going to try to be -- a beginner runner though.  I'm going to do the "Couch to 5K" program with the goal of running a 5K at the end of the summer.  If you're not a runner and want to try, I'll post the Week 1 schedule.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when my readers share! Share away....