Thursday, June 7, 2012

Girl vs The Flab Starts Now....


That's me, Flinny.  You know, a flabby skinny girl?  I could have easily called this blog Girl vs Bread, Girl vs FroYo, Girl vs Bloat, Girl vs A Cocktail.  You get the point, right?  I've always been a little flabby, even chubby as a kid.  Never the skinny girl my friends were.  After college I was a little chubbier than I would have liked and lost it.  More recently, I had two kids almost back-to-back and I'm gross and flabby.  But let's be honest, I'm not obese, I'm not overweight.  I'm 32-years-old, married with two kids and I'm FED. UP. being flabby.  

I have problems and they would include bread, baked goods, cheese, cashews, cocktails and nibbling on random things throughout the day.  I've been as low as 115 lbs in my more recent adult life.  I've worked with personal trainers and done well in small group training sessions.  I've read a shit load of "get healthy, lose weight" books.  I know a good bit about what I should eat (I actually eat healthy and have people asking for recipes a lot).  I know how to work out and train.  Somehow I keep falling back.  I know I can be one of the skinny-minis I saw in Miami this weekend.  But more than that, I want to feel good about myself and to show my kids how to be super fit and how to live a healthy lifestyle without deprivation.  I'm hoping this will be an embarrassingly public forum to kick flab's ass out the door.  

So here's the deal.  I'll be sharing what I eat during the day, the recipes I use and the workouts I endure, hopefully, everyday.  I'll also tell you if I eat a cookie, or 10 of them.  (I have a hard time lying about what I eat -- even when I track it offline in a food journal.  Catholic guilt, maybe?)  I know I'm not alone, so if you want, share along.  If not, whatever.  

Now, this is my starting point at 5'3", as of this morning:
          - 129.1 pounds
          - 25.7% body fat
          - 22.8 BMI

I have loads to say, but I'm doing it my own way, with my own rules.  Remember, I'm not a personal trainer or a nutritionist.  Stay tuned...

Cheers,
Lindsey 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when my readers share! Share away....